Connect: Detroit is a professional development experience like no other. We at PureReinvention have been documenting the Detroit turnaround since 2014 and believe that Detroit is the learning laboratory for reinvention. The experience we share with you highlights the very best of our podcast work over the years plus greater immersive dives into reinvention at a grassroots level in the city of Detroit.
"I’m really excited about Connect: Detroit and the concept of diving into case studies that are currently going on in the city. It gives us something real and meaningful to sink our teeth into as executives.”
-Bonnifer Ballard, Executive Director, Michigan Chapter - American Waterworks Association
Connect: Detroit Planning Committee Member
Take one of three theme-focused deep dives into a Detroit reinvention story.
Connecting people - This tour will focus on the importance of connecting people from diverse backgrounds to advance goals.
Connecting places - This tour will focus on the importance connecting places to build communities.
Connecting ideas - This tour will focus on successful efforts to pull in ideas and buy-in from key constituencies to move projects forward.
Five Ted-style talks by a peer with a reinvention story. The themes are designed to get participants thinking about "the why".
Next, participants will be treated to a futurist who will stir the imagination and get everyone thinking about what's next.
Finally, we'll take some time to share and discuss with your peers the day’s experience moderated by Team PureReinvention.
- Attendees will get an immersive experience in the Detroit reinvention story
- Attendees will be asked to think and apply lessons learned to their reinvention story.
- Attendees will learn about the PureReinvention fundamental of connect and how connecting people, places and ideas can help move solutions forward.
- Attendees will have the opportunity to network and learn from peers in both the non-profit and for-profit communities.
- Attendees will gain perspective on environmental scanning, situational analysis, and workforce management.
- Attendees will be exposed to strategic thinkers solving real problems at the municipal, non-profit and for-profit levels.
- Attendees will be asked to apply business analysis principles and the "fundamental 5" steps in the PureReinvention process.
- Attendees will see unique approaches to stakeholder engagement and discuss how that can be applied to their situations.
- Attendees will be exposed to leaders from all kinds of backgrounds and styles. They will be encouraged to network and build connectors to their personal reinvention journey.
All this for only $500. Hurry! This experience is limited to 50 people.