Episode 145 – Dr. Tonya Matthews – keeping it real to build a culture
Building a culture is one of the primary responsibilities of all leaders. A major ingredient for successful cultures is authenticity and this week’s guest excels in this trait. Listen this week as we interview Dr. Tonya Matthews, president and CEO of Detroit Science Center and discuss what it takes to build a successful business culture and how nurturing authenticity plays a vital role.
“Wanting to save the world.” (3:07)
“We look at things that look nothing like us.” (4:55)
“A culture eats budget for breakfast.” (11:19)
“Understanding our part of the larger whole.” (17:08)
- (4:55) Connect to gain the competitive advantage.
- (9:09) Embrace and nurture authenticity.
- (15:51) Paying forward reinvention.
Tip of the Week
There’s only one you – Be authentic and find your passion. It’s your distinct competitive advantage.
Latest posts by PureReinvention (see all)
- Episode 164 – Anika Goss-Foster – running a think and DO tank - February 19, 2018
- Episode 163 – Sean Mann – being the host, not the life of the party - February 12, 2018
- Episode 162 – bringing the leading edge to your people - February 5, 2018