Episode 163 – Sean Mann – being the host, not the life of the party
The Detroit City Football Club was founded in 2012 and is one of the most successful minor league soccer teams in North America. The team was founded as a vehicle to organize the community and regularly sells out its 7,000 seat stadium in Hamtramck. Listen as Mike talks with Sean Mann, CEO and co-owner of Detroit City Football Club about the club’s founding and how they earned a loyal fan base.
“A gathering place in the city at a time when there’s only a handful of restaurants and bars.” (6:39)
“Being the host of the party instead of the life of the party.” (11:03)
- (4:03) Soccer as the vehicle for being active in the community.
- (5:19) A growth spurt.
- (7:16) A small neighborhood activity generates a large amount of enthusiasm.
- (18:58) Creating a stronger financial footing.
Tip of the Week
Ask yourself: Is your customer experience being driven top down or bottom up?
Latest posts by PureReinvention (see all)
- Episode 164 – Anika Goss-Foster – running a think and DO tank - February 19, 2018
- Episode 163 – Sean Mann – being the host, not the life of the party - February 12, 2018
- Episode 162 – bringing the leading edge to your people - February 5, 2018