Episode 062 – Marlowe Stoudamire – from a life of ambition to a life of passion
Listen to Episode 062
Marlowe Stoudamire created a project in Detroit, for Detroit, that has piqued the interest of a much broader audience.
In this episode, listen to the Founder and Chief Engagement Strategist of Butterfly Effect Detroit tell the story of why he transitioned from a high-paying corporate job to a social catalyst that activates forward movement in the City of Detroit. Marlowe is out to change the future of Detroit by making a difference today.
“Real change happens when you get everyone moving in the same direction, mobilizing them.” (5:02)
“It’s not always a rosy picture, but that doesn’t mean we stop trying, that doesn’t mean we stop working together. The momentum is important.” (13:30)
- Jump to 7:56 to hear Marlowe describe a very personal metamorphosis that led him to realize that he wanted more meaning behind his work.
- At 11:18 Marlow talks about his involvement with the Detroit Historical Society’s project, Detroit 1967: Looking Back to Move Forward (http://www.detroit1967.org/about/), an initiative to transform the culture in Detroit today to shape its future.
- Invite your customers to listen, be heard. participate and take action.
- There’s no value in having knowledge without sharing it.
- Offer multiple opportunities for your audience to participate with your organization.
- Build for the future.
- Put yourself in situations that force you to collide with different people and ways of thinking.
Latest posts by PureReinvention (see all)
- Episode 176 – Chrissy Siders – It Started With Me - October 10, 2018
- Episode 174 – Check In Michigan: a reinvention story - April 30, 2018
- Episode 173 – the four pillars of reinvention readiness - April 23, 2018