Episode 164 – Anika Goss-Foster – running a think and DO tank
We’ve all heard of think tanks, but how many think and DO tanks have you heard of? Detroit Future City is committed to advancing the quality of life for all Detroiters. The organization accomplishes this by partnerships with residents and stakeholders using data driven strategies that promotes community and economic development. This week we talk with DFC’s executive director, Anika Goss-Foster about how the organization works to move Detroit ahead for the next 50 years.
“Create partners to make action differently.” (15:29)
“It needs to be in everyone’s best interest.” (19:13)
- (9:38) Think and do.
- (11:51) Activating the involvement.
- (14:07) The premise of reporting to solve a problem.
Tip of the Week
Movement without accountability is not possible. You need to assign people responsible and deadines to facilitate real movement.
Latest posts by PureReinvention (see all)
- Episode 168 – Cornetta Lane – building a new story - March 19, 2018
- Episode 167 – Eric Thomas – using stories to move forward - March 12, 2018
- Episode 166 – motivate to move - March 5, 2018