Episode 172 – Erin Patten – defying all odds
Erin Patten is very accomplished with a Harvard business degree and a Kresge Fellow highlighting her impressive resume. She walked away from the standard career path to chase her dream of being an entrepreneur. In January 2018 she launched DaO Detroit. DaO stands for “defy all odds” and Erin personifies that sentiment.
“[My big leap] A natural progression of my career journey, my life journey. It just had to happen.” (3:21)
“Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.” –Lao Tzu (6:33)
- (2:56) Disrupting one’s economic livelihood and thriving beyond fear.
- (4:59) Simplify your messaging.
- (10:04, 11:47) Connecting to the marketplace.
Tip of the Week
Flexibility is the third pillar of reinvention readiness. Keep all options open.
Latest posts by PureReinvention (see all)
- Episode 174 – Check In Michigan: a reinvention story - April 30, 2018
- Episode 173 – the four pillars of reinvention readiness - April 23, 2018
- Episode 172 – Erin Patten – defying all odds - April 16, 2018